Saturday 18 May 2013

Powering through under pressure

This week has been living hell. The inlaws were down and taking up all my drawing time. Not a fun week for me. I did manage to smash together a few toons at the last minute and I think I'm happy with the result, under pressure too.  Pretty cool week despite in laws taking up most of my time but overall fairly successful. Tried a few new things, laughed a lot and drew a few cool toons. Hopefully next week bears more fruit, fingies crossed.

 
 
This one is a direct lift from Game of Thrones but I didn't want to make it to obvious, Ned Stark is the angel dude. I don't think it needs a caption or anything to reference it to GoT, heaps of people have done it to death already. Sometimes I just find things funny and have to draw them for the sake of it. Strangely enough I did a toon about Boromir's death in LoTR I might drag it out next week, start a theme.
 
Arse licking is popular in every line of work. It seems to be how you get to the top. I thought of printing tshirts up with this toon and a big Ass licker quote. I'd get a huge laugh out of seeing that walking around the streets.
 


The last supper, this is an old idea rehashing famous or iconic pictures in ludicrous ways. Each of the daemons has a little story to him and it makes me laugh. If I had the patients and time I'd paint a huge really detailed version one day. Jesus daemon has the most hardest hard on. LOL.
 
 
This one is a reaction to a news article I saw that said something like, “CO2 emissions highest in the history of forever.” And I was like, shit no way crazy. Well I figure that it's got a little bit to do with how we have cut down so many trees and pollute like machines. The guys totally run out of air as he sucks the last gasp, the sapling wilts and the last bird plummets from the sky. Emptiness.
It isn't particularly humorous at all. I get into funny artsy mind sets like all hippy strung out weirdos, and this is the results. Bleak to say the least but I laugh anyway. This is the result of trawling for ideas and hitting on one that works well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get it Harder At HellTown Industries

Super Sexy Chat @ HellTown Industries