Thursday 9 May 2013

Pushing shit up hill this week.

Two new daemons this week and some other random toons. Big week. I must have drawn for 50+ hours this week and got pretty much jack shit out of the process. Woot. I just couldn't settle on anything all week. Did hundreds of different faces trying to get something interesting, and ditched that in disgust. Nothing worked for me. Moving on....


I spent a lot of time doodling and scribbling with how best to create a more complex well rounded, some would say grown up artistic style, or focus on becoming better with the things you already do well. I feel like trying both, but it turns out I have less than the required patience to improve my realism and perspective yada yada.. but I realise slowly after all that perhaps it actually doesn't matter how you draw, or what you draw, or what you write, but it does have to amuse at least yourself and probably one other person which is kind of cool.


This week has been a real struggle. Having finished with cheeky pigs for now, I am wandering aimlessly around the office trying to think of clever things to draw. Sadly very little fruit so far, but I I squeezed two of these pieces into something resembling art. I like the sort of simplified complexity in these.


So, yeah, pretty lazy week full of torment and depression. Got to get all the terrible ideas and bad art out of my system before I do something really good. If ever I do. How much paper can I waste on this process, quite a bit as it turns out. Loving free A4 printer paper from work bwahaha. The effort will be worth it in the end hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get it Harder At HellTown Industries

Super Sexy Chat @ HellTown Industries