Wednesday 13 November 2013

Survivabilty Quotient to be expressed as a percentage.

 

Today I thought we'd take a look at how we can utilise our brains to put together a percentage figure to express how likely it is that an individual will survive a life threatening or apocalyptic scenario of some sort.

To start with we need to discuss our Basic Energy Surplus (BES); as a figure between 1-99. BES represents our individual level of fitness, strength, endurance and physical thresholds. For example a professional athlete's BES would be perhaps within the 90s due to their training regimes and fitness levels. A couch slob would be in the low 20s or so, lack of exercise and endurance capability.

Basing our mathematics around hours of strenuous activity, passive activity and sleep in 5 days 120hrs. My hours of strenuous activity in 5 days = 45(physical job as a baker + work out regime) passive activity = 50 (drawing, cleaning and house life stuff) sleep =25

95 hours active (strenuous and passive are mostly =)  25 hours asleep per 120 hours/5days= BES of 79.17%. Pretty high here which is good but not everything.

Keep this in mind but, now we move to our Level of Acceptable Deprivation (LAD%) . LAD refers to the other aspects of our lives the inner bits. Caloric intake, cold/heat/pain thresholds and tolerances, resistance to disease and poison, stress and how the environment impacts our body and soul.

To put some maths on the table for this one we first break it into 4 categories: Environment, food., stress and comfort. Now we express these as best we can as a figure between out of 25, lower being better for SQ.

For me I live in relatively cosy environs, but I can and have roughed it and often but am far from outdoorsy, so 15 / 25 for environment.

I don't eat more than 1 meal a day and get by being hungry quite well, so I'd be 10 if I ate more than 3 meals and was full often the number would be 20 or so.

I work under pressure all the time and have a pretty stressful lifestyle and I cope very well. 5.

Comfort is the most subjective of the four and I don't like the term that much (not so apt) but refers essentially to how into our little creature comforts you ate, shaving, chocolate, beauty sleep, peaceful alone time. The good things in life. I indulge quite some in life so 20 for me here.

In total out of 100 I get a respectable 50.
Overall LAD% of  50% so bung on average despite my best efforts, but not all that bad, Joe Average lives long.

For our final Survivability Quotient we must take BES% and LAD %.
 50/79.17    =   SQ  63.16%

Therefore in all fairness I have an above average chance of surviving a life threating or apocalyptic scenario.

Thanks for reading guys.

If you have better maths than this please let me know as this is very important research and we must take it very seriously.

Cheers again.

Sinister Cock-Roache (may not survive everything and anything after all, bum)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get it Harder At HellTown Industries

Super Sexy Chat @ HellTown Industries