Tuesday 30 April 2013

Pen and paper scanned and coloured.

I drew this physically on paper and scanned the image before coulouring. What I am trying is to make my process faster. I suck at using tablets to draw, especially hate trying to look at the screen while pretending to draw on plastic.
 

 
Mouldy in colour for the first time, if badly. Again I scanned the image before colouring. In future I think thicker lines and a bolder attitude will help the finishing process move along faster.

 
I don't know about anybody else but I find that hand drawing is the most readily available and easiest way for a cartoonist to express themselves. Hand colouring in pencil sucks and is a stupid idea, but does lend a certain sense of charm and artistry to an otherwise tacky cartoon image. However it is the bold colours and strong lines of many cartoon styles that is particularly appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get it Harder At HellTown Industries

Super Sexy Chat @ HellTown Industries